General Order # 7.09.5 The St. John Police Department is authorized to perform “vacation checks” under the following criteria:
The Department will conduct vacation residence checks for Town of St. John residents upon request. Residents may initiate a vacation residence check by completing a vacation residence check form either on-line on the Town of St. John website, or in person at the St. John Police Department. Dispatch personnel shall verify the following guidelines and requirements are met prior to initiating a case for a vacation check into Spillman.
- The residence in question must be located within the Town of St. John town limits.
- Vacation registration cannot be taken over the phone.
- The vacation watch may not exceed six (6) weeks.
- The vacation check will only be accepted if no one will be residing, i.e.: sleeping, or living at the residence while the owner is away.
- The residence must be vacant due to an actual vacation and not due to the resident relocating or selling the home.
- Vacation checks are limited to homes; businesses are not included.
How to submit a Vacation Check
You can fill out this form:
Vacation Check Request