A Building Permit is required for all Signs. The cost of Building Permits for Additions and Remodels are:
$2.00 per square foot of sign plus
$10.00 Administration Fee plus
$50.00 Zoning Permit Fee
* This does not include any electrical requirements
Items Needed to apply for a permit
1) Plat of survey showing exact location and dimensions of the sign(s)
2) Prints showing sign construction and method of ground supports, depth, size of posts, etc
3) Maintenance – repair (etc.) of sign is the responsibility of the permittee
4) Signs requiring electric current must be done by an Electrical Contractor that is licensed in the Town of St. John. This information MUST be submitted with the permit application
5) Signs must be a minimum of five (5) feet off of road right-of-way; will not obstruct traffic view; and height restrictions are to be maintained.
NOTE: ALL CONSTRUCTION MUST RECEIVE MANDATORY INSPECTIONS BY THE TOWN BUILDING COMMISSIONER AND ELECTRICAL INSPECTOR.