INSPECTIONS CAN BE ORDERED BY CLICKING HERE
PERMIT PLAQUARD MUST BE DISPLAYED VISABLE AT ALL TIMES
Quantity. There shall not be less than ten (10) inspections for every building permit, unless deemed not necessary by the building administrator, which inspections shall be made in the following scheduled order, namely:
INSPECTION ORDER FOR NEW CONSTRUCTION
(1) Footing, pre-pour: Dig hole and place footing forms/reinforcement, call for inspection.
(2) Foundation, pre-pour: Place wall forms and reinforcement, call for inspection.
(3) Sewer test: Inspection to assure proper installation of water, sanitary, storm sewer taps.
(4) Backfill: Drain tile and sump pits must be installed at this point along with damp proofing. Submit a surveyor location report (IAC 1-12-27) showing foundation with measured elevations of top of foundation wall. The actual top of foundation may not be more than plus or minus six (6) inches of the elevation approved for the building permit. The building must pass this inspection before framing.
(5) Underground Plumbing: Install all underground plumbing and/or ejector pits, call for inspection.
(6) Concrete Pre Pour: Pre pour inspections are required before placement of any concrete. This includes basement floors, garage floors, exterior flat work, and concrete piers.
(7) Plumbing Pressure Test: After roughing in plumbing lines, test them in accordance with the Indiana Plumbing code.
(8) Rough electric: Must pass this inspection before the framing inspection (rough building) requested.
(9) Framing (rough building): Inspection due before insulation is allowed; Rough plumbing and Rough HVAC shall also be ready at this inspection.
(10) Insulation: Inspection of installed insulation, upon approval structure can be dry-walled.
(11) Dry wall: Inspection of property installation of drywall.
(12) Final electric: Inspection when all electrical work complete must be inspected before final building, plumbing, and HVAC requested.
(13) Early service: Inspection of electrical service equipment; may be requested at any stage of construction. Upon approval, electrical service from NIPSCO can be released.
(14) Final building: Final inspection of building plumbing and HVAC before occupancy granted. A surveyor location report (IAC 1-12-27) with elevations evidencing compliance with the approved subdivision drainage plan or grading plan. This report is required for the issuance of a certificate of occupancy.
(c) Reinspection. There shall be an additional fee of twenty-five dollars ($25.00) in the event an inspection is made, and the work is not in conformance with this Code.
(d) Reinspection fees. Reinspection fees are due at the time of issuance of the certificate of occupancy or final approval.