Pay Utility BillPay EMS BillEvent Calendar
Town Logo

Block Party Permit

A Block Party Permit is required for any event that will require the closing of a roadway. All activities will have to abide by the Town Noise Ordinance regardless if they have an approved permit or not.
Click on the link below and fill out the Block Party Permit. You may drop off the permit at the St. John Police Department or email the completed permit to
Applications need to be received not less than ten (10) days nor more than sixty (60) days before the date on which the event is scheduled.
Block Party Permit (PDF)


SafeTrade is a simple program for police and sheriff’s departments to encourage transactions at their facilities; to strengthen their safety and security initiatives, and for users to insist on “SafeTrade” by conducting their transactions only at a local police or sheriff’s office.
In the past few months, a number of U.S. police departments have offered to host online transactions, most of them referring to Craigslist as the reason. Participating police departments can now post banners or use logos referring to their facilities as SafeTrade Stations. Additional information is available at
The St. John Police Department is a SafeTrade location. Our lobby is available Monday through Friday from 9:00 A.M. to 6:00 P.M., and on Saturday from 9:00 A.M. to 1:00 P.M., excluding holidays. Our lobby has video surveillance to record your transactions and to provide an element of safety when conducting transactions with unknown parties.

Text and E-Mail Notification System

Nixle Logo
The St. John Police Department will create and publish messages through the Nixle Community Information Service. Nixle will then deliver this information to you instantly via text, email and/or web message.
Messages will include road closures, utility issues, as well as other relevant safety and community information.
The service is secure, reliable and easy for our group to use. YOU decide what information you want and whether you want it sent to your cell phone, email, or just simply over the web.
Messages can also be viewed on our agency's Nixle site.
You can register for this FREE service by doing one of the following:
  • 1. At the company's main web site: There you can also access their Frequently Asked Questions.
  • 2. Text STJOHNPD to 888777 from your mobile phone. (You will receive Text Messaging Only)
  • 3. You may also use our sign-up form.

Accessibility  Copyright © 2019 Town of St. John, Indiana Accessible Version