St. John Park Board Meeting Minutes
October 25, 2016
Frank Bradtke, President
Melissa Stefanko, Vice President
John Rainwater, Member at Large
Carl Miklusak, Member at Large
Mike Forbes, Town Council Liaison
Chip Sobek, Parks & Recreation Superintendent
Tim Kuiper, Town Attorney
1. CALL TO ORDER The meeting was called to order at 6:00 p.m., with the recitation of the Pledge of Allegiance.
2. ROLL CALL Frank Bradtke, Melissa Stefanko, John Rainwater and Chip Sobek. Absent Carl Miklusak, Michael Forbes and Tim Kuiper.
3. APPROVE OR AMEND THE MINUTES
Mr. Bradtke entertained a motion to approve the September 27, 2016 meeting minutes. Mr. Rainwater so moved. Ms. Stefanko seconded. Motion carried.
4. NEW BUSINESS - Put new playground equipment in at Homestead Park.
5. OLD BUSINESS - Need to up-date Schillton, Rainwater, Fairway, Homestead and Heron Lake Parks for next year.
6. PAYMENT OF BILLS
Mr. Bradtke entertained a motion to approve the October 2016 bills in the amount of $43,983.16. Ms. Stefanko so moved. Mr. Rainwater seconded. Motion carried.
7. ANY AND ALL
Boo bash Saturday, October 22nd – everything went well. One hundred sixty attended and McDonalds handed out yogurt, cookies, coffee and toys.
Hanover School completed making the twelve picnic tables.
Saddle Creek – needs new paths in park and landscaping down the paths.
Heartland Parks should be completed this week weather permitting.
Next year four more parks need new equipment and updating, especially Homestead Park.
8. PUBLIC COMMENT - No public
Mr. Bradtke entertained a motion to adjourn the meeting. Mr. Rainwater so moved. Ms. Stefanko seconded. Motion carried. The meeting adjourned at 6:05 p.m.
Kathleen A. Falaschetti