St. John Park Board Meeting Minutes
April 26, 2016
Frank Bradtke, President
Melissa Stefanko, Vice President
John Rainwater, Member at Large
Carl Miklusak, Member at Large
Mike Forbes, Town Council Liaison
Chip Sobek, Parks & Recreation Superintendent
Tim Kuiper, Town Attorney
1. CALL TO ORDER The meeting was called to order at 6:00 p.m., with the recitation of the Pledge of Allegiance.
2. ROLL CALL In attendance were Melissa Stefanko, John Rainwater, Carl Miklusak and Chip Sobek. Absent Frank Bradtke, President, Michael Forbes, Town Council Liaison and Tim Kuiper, Town Attorney.
3. APPROVE OR AMEND THE MINUTES
Melisa Stefanko entertained a motion to approve the March 22, 2016 meeting minutes. Mr. Rainwater so moved. Seconded by Mr. Miklusak. Motion carried.
4. NEW BUSINESS
Ms. Stefanko entertained a motion to approve the contracts for John Dvorscak Sr., Indiana Art Spot LLC, Beth Ann Foster. Mr. Rainwater seconded. Mr. Miklusak so moved. Motion carried.
Ms. Stefanko entertained a motion to approve the summer programs and fees. Mr. Rainwater so moved. Mr. Miklusak seconded. Motion carried.
5. OLD BUSINESS - Nothing to report.
6. PAYMENT OF BILLS
Ms. Stefanko entertained a motion to approve the April 2016 bills in the amount of $25,206.76. Mr. Rainwater so moved. Seconded by Mr. Miklusak.
7. ANY AND ALL
A discussion ensued concerning the parks and people staying into the night. Michelle Haluska said she would check with Griffith and other towns to see what their curfews are concerning their parks.
The fence at Heartland Park has been repaired.
8. PUBLIC COMMENT - No public
Ms. Stefanko entertained a motion to adjourn the meeting. Mr. Rainwater seconded. Mr. Miklusak so moved. The meeting adjourned at 6:10 p.m.
Kathleen A. Falaschetti